Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Much Ado about Nothing

We had a work event on Saturday for our older donors. It was a really nice day and everyone was really nice. I was corrected for calling one person Reagan (pronounced like the President) instead of REEgan. Said it was very American of me. I wish these people would realize that I am in fact American so am probably going to speak like one. So the event starts with drinks at about noon (they don't play around over here) then moved to a three course meal where they are pouring wine freely. Then we go to a lecture about the creation of the Earth. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you should probably not serve old people wine and a big meal and then sit them in a lecture. I was struggling to stay awake so I was not surprised to hear a couple of loud snores from the crowd. Too funny!

Then on Sunday I went to Bath and it is gorgeous. My friend Guiliana and I went and we took the bus up there. There was this annoying girl on her phone and there is kind of a code that you aren't supposed to talk on the bus. Well Giuliana looks at me and says "no, I am Italian, I must say something" So I think thinking she is going to walk up and gently say, excuse me but do you mind talking quietly since we are all able to hear you. No, she gets pretty close to her face and says in broke English "do you think we like hear your voice? No, we do not" And that was that. I wish I could do that! I would just be passive aggressive about it and cough loudly or give them the evil eye; totally effective methods. I took Monday off and have a lovely 4 day week and then was reminded this morning that it is college coffee day. I love Wednesdays! And, when it is your birthday you have to bring in baked goods. It's genius really because you only have to bake once but you get treats throughout the year. Kind of like Chinese birthdays (or so I am told)

3 comments:

  1. I really want to say "Do you think we like hear your voice?" to someone someday. Enjoy college coffee!
    --Melyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps I totally think you could pull that off!

    ReplyDelete