Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Christmas is upon us...

So I just got this email from someone at College. This place is amazing. Of course, this may be our Christmas bonus. Hey, I'm good with being paid in food! This goes back to the whole thing about dessert being called pudding. I won't get a big bowl of pudding. I shouldn't have posted this and had my parents thing I had slaved away in the kitchen to produce a British Christmas pudding!

"As always, you have the opportunity to receive a Christmas pudding.
There is a list in the Lodge; please tick against your name, by Friday the 16th of November, if you would like one."

6 comments:

  1. Please do tick by your name ...sounds fabulous. By the way, tick has to make it into your word dictionary of colloquialism you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so as well. Just found out it's a fruit cake so not quite as exciting. I will still be ticking to see how it is though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fruit cake in England is different than the U.S. version so you should tick by your name! I bet it will be good.
    --Melyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll tick away!! Actually, I need to remember to do that today. I have to try all of these delicacies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well don't worry then! I ticked for it. :)

    ReplyDelete