I couldn't come up with a very clever blog name and I wasn't sure if my mom's suggestion of "rub a dub dub, Jane's in a pub" was appropriate. Thank you for checking in once in a while. I'm sure I will be making a fool of myself over here! Love to all.
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Cold as ice
Each day I think wow it's really cold today this must be what they were talking about when they said it would get really cold but it just keeps getting colder!! Yesterday was so cold it was like waking up to a winter wonderland. All of the trees were encased in ice and it was really pretty. I walked by Christ Church which is probably the prettiest college in Oxford and there were tons of spider webs encased in ice. I have never seen anything like it. They were white and looked like silly string from Halloween. So today I was going to take a picture for y'all but the gardeners at Christ Church had already swept them all down. They don't play around over here! Everything must be pristine and tip top shape! I was seriously not prepared for this weather so bought 2 new sweaters (they call them jumpers) and wear them every week. Last week I am fairly certain I wore one of them 3 times. And I have a couple of cute winter jackets that are "Raleigh winter jackets" but those are just like a cute layer over here. I end up wearing my black puffy jacket to every occasion. Looking good over here... :) And my coworker yesterday said "are you ok" I feel like this weather may be breaking your spirit. Ha!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh NO
ReplyDeleteYep! Brace yourself. It's not supposed to be quite as cold next year but it will be 40s.
ReplyDelete