I couldn't come up with a very clever blog name and I wasn't sure if my mom's suggestion of "rub a dub dub, Jane's in a pub" was appropriate. Thank you for checking in once in a while. I'm sure I will be making a fool of myself over here! Love to all.
Monday, March 4, 2013
What's that...come again??
So I just had a (as they would say here) boozy lunch with an alum. The guy is a pretty big deal and is a consultant for the uk government among other things so while I was waiting for him I was wondering what the heck we were going to talk about. I was pretty sure we wouldn't talk economics since I dropped accounting for run/jog in college. Oh also the best part is he asked where I received my "first degree" right, my first and only degree...it was really hard to understand him as he had a pretty thick British accent. So between not hearing him and not knowing what the heck he was talking about, there was a lot of me going "excuse me, what was that" good times! He ordered a bottle of wine for lunch. No big deal...gotta love European business lunches! And just in time to sober up, I'm going to a boozy alumni dinner. Happy Monday to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tough life! Here's to not throwing up by th end of tonight
ReplyDeleteHa!!!
ReplyDelete