Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ready, set, ......

.......goooooooooooooooo......

So I went to the annual tortoise race at Corpus Christi College yesterday. You know, the usual! It was pretty funny; their was an older "Master of Ceremonies" and as he started to announce this music like Chariots of Fire came on. I guess they were pumping up the tortoises-those poor things didn't really seem to know what was going on. There were about 15 tortoises in the "race" which were accompanied by their "trainers" who went around and said how old their tortoise was and what their fastest time was. The first one was Zoom and his record time was 10 minutes. HA! One of the tortoises was 70 years old! There was also one human participant with a big tortoise head and he had to eat a head of lettuce before he could start racing. So they all started with their backs together and then let the tortoises loose. Zoom lived up to his name and went dashing for the lettuce. But just when he was about to win he turned sharply to the left and was just kind of wandering right next to the lettuce. So some other tortoise took the glory. The "Master of Ceremonies" came over to where I was standing (where Zoom had taken a sharp left turn) and literally said "did Zoom stop short of the lettuce?"  These are words I thought I would never hear! So poor Zoom didn't win and I can't remember the name of the tortoise who did. Enjoy the pictures! I love the one guy who is whispering motivational cheers in his tortoise's ear. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing uproariously at the guy with the turtle head on backwards. This is funny.

    ReplyDelete