I couldn't come up with a very clever blog name and I wasn't sure if my mom's suggestion of "rub a dub dub, Jane's in a pub" was appropriate. Thank you for checking in once in a while. I'm sure I will be making a fool of myself over here! Love to all.
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Me again...
I feel like I've been pretty slack lately with the blog. It has been just over a year since I moved to Oxford. It is weird and cool to be able to say, last year at this time I was... and have it be in England. It's nice to feel more at home. And it's even nicer that the weather channel says it is going to be in the 80s and sunny for the next two weeks. I've been tricked before though but am trying to stay positive! Last week my friend Lisa came to visit me and we had a fun time in London, Oxford and Stratford Upon Avon. We were total Americans in Stratford where we got in a taxi at the train station and were quickly dropped off about a block later at our hotel. The taxi fare didn't even move off of the base rate. It was £2.40 for the ride and the taxi driver just laughed at us when he realized which hotel we were going to. It was like the James Bond where he just drives around the circle and gets out (except not quite as sexy) No offense, Lisa. :) The other funny thing was when we went punting in Oxford and had met 3 impressionable young college students the night before and asked them to join us for some punting. They later found out that we were using them for their punting skills. It is not that fun to steer a punt. But the one kid was horrible and each time I said it's ok I will do it or you are way too close to the front he would just ignore me. We ended up just zig zagging down the river when he was at the helm. Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July! I have been working to celebrate over here. Retribution from the Brits! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, one year already! I still think that is awesome. --Melyssa
ReplyDeletethanks buddy!
ReplyDelete