Wednesday, November 13, 2013

British Pride

So my friend posted this link on FB: http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinchack/things-the-uk-does-that-the-us-needs-to-start-doing

And it is quite obvious that an English person wrote this. Unless it is a disillusioned American who has forgotten their roots.

1) No, in fact it is not delicious to mix beer with cider. I think it's called a shandy and I think it's kind of lame. And men order them here which an American man would never do. It's like a man ordering white wine or rose wine in a bar. Which, come to think of it, British men also do that. I was at an event earlier this summer and I've never seen so many men drinking rose. Made me chuckle a little. I'm not saying it's bad or good; I actually prefer how British men are secure in their masculinity and hug their guy friends and drink rose, but it is still funny.

2 and 6) Amen!

4) Yes, about the cursing after 9 pm. Their tv can be so much funnier. I was watching a show the other night and a commercial (advert) came on and it was basically a child walking in on his parents making the love. It said something about mommy and daddy wrestling and then eating butter or toast afterwards. I had to rewind the commercial just to make sure I had seen it correctly!

17) GROSSS!!!!!

19) I don't even want to know that the chocolate dark thing is on the top left edge of the plate. That has to be that blood thing they make. Gross!!!

29) I ain't gonna fight you England...

2 comments:

  1. Love rolling down the hill after a wheel of cheese. They obviously have too much vacation time.

    ReplyDelete