I couldn't come up with a very clever blog name and I wasn't sure if my mom's suggestion of "rub a dub dub, Jane's in a pub" was appropriate. Thank you for checking in once in a while. I'm sure I will be making a fool of myself over here! Love to all.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Worst idea ever
So my flight to the UK isn't until 3pm today and our hotel has cute bikes we can take out. Well, I'm sure many of you are thinking, hmmm maybe not a good idea to take a bike out into the crazy streets of Rome. Well I am alone and left to my own devices so I thought it would be lovely to take a bike down by the Tiber River and have a peaceful ride. Well, that did not go as planned. First of all, I had to take the bike down about 50 steps to get by the river. Once I got to the bottom, I realized that it was all small stones and that the "path" ran out in about 30 feet. So then I went to the other end and had to walk the bike up the steep hill. So then I think ok I will just ride the bike up top on the road around the river. So I cross a bridge and have to go left and am left having to cross traffic of scooters, buses, and small Italian cars. Then I cross that and then have to bob and weave through the streets. In 45 minutes I probably went 2 city blocks. It was a complete disaster! Hope everyone is having a good week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mamma Mia!
ReplyDeletehaha Si!
ReplyDelete