Thursday, November 1, 2012

Toad in a hole

I'm able to experience all the culinary wonders that England has to offer by eating at our dining hall every day. Today I had "toad in a hole" which is pretty much a fancy pigs in a blanket. It is basically sausage wrapped in Yorkshire Pudding. It has taken me 4 months to realize what in the hell Yorkshire Pudding actually is. I was thinking it was a pudding or dessert. Well it's just this flaky puff pastry. Happy eating!

6 comments:

  1. Manka used to make Yorkshire pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh really? Manka was kind of amazing with cooking wasn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toad in a hole...is there a worse name for food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Not really!! They have some crazy stuff over here!!

      Delete
  4. Yes, she was ...but her heritage was also British. She grew up liking English food traditions.

    ReplyDelete