I couldn't come up with a very clever blog name and I wasn't sure if my mom's suggestion of "rub a dub dub, Jane's in a pub" was appropriate. Thank you for checking in once in a while. I'm sure I will be making a fool of myself over here! Love to all.
Friday, March 1, 2013
A to Zed
So the British say all of the alphabet like we would say the alphabet but they say Zed for Z. So if they are spelling Zebra they would say Zed E B R A. I am a little confused as to where this came from. It's not like Z sounds like any other letter in the alphabet. Anyway, random food for thought. Happy Friday everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Same here too! And we've started picking up on it!
ReplyDeleteha! Must be a European thing. How was Turkey?
ReplyDeleteI've always wondered about the zed but I like it. My old roommate from Zimbabwe also pronounced ZEE-bra as ZEB-Ra (hard to spell out) but in any case it was fun and I like to say that way now.
ReplyDeleteCould you also try to find out why British people say lieutenant like there's an f in it? Lef-tenant?
--Melyssa