Friday, July 20, 2012

Going for Gold!

Last night I played trivia with a new friend. They call it pub trivia here. She was kind enough to invite me to her work event. We played Olympic trivia. I brushed up on my Olympic knowledge via Google yesterday so was a trivia genius. Well, only on the 6 or 7 questions they asked that I had actually seen on Google. There were about 8 teams of 5 and we ended up tying with another team. So there was a sudden death and this ridiculously smart guy on our team shouted out the answer. I hadn't even processed the question by the time he had shouted out the answer. The guys had named us Team USA because two of us are American so when we won they started shouting "USA USA USA". I have no idea why we get a bad reputation abroad. But, we each won a 2012 Olympic mug. It's actually really cool! Then I got a taxi home but figured I would get some food while I was waiting from one of the food trucks that are always out at night. It was mostly kababs and curry sauces but I figured I would go for the cheese pizza. It took him about 10 minutes to actually make it while he was throwing sausages and curried fries at all kinds of people with no wait. Serves me right! I made my taxi driver wait for me while my pizza cooked. :) He said my southern accent was genius. Or some adjective like that. I prefer to remember it as genius. The sun has finally decided to come out here. Sunday and Monday there is an actual sun on the forecast and 0% chance of rain. I am convinced that they lie to us though. They put it a couple of days out and think you will forget that it was supposed to be sunny. I'm not falling for it weather.com....

3 comments:

  1. So how much was the cab fare if he had to wait so long? Crissy and O have to join in the pub trivia when they visit. Isn't that is Aug.? The pub will be inunated with foreigners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to wash my keys, they stick terribly and all of these letters get left out. No excuse for it instead of in...those letters aren't even close to each other. Inundated...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I knew what you meant. They come August 24 or around then. I can't wait!! Crissy and I are going to Paris too!

    ReplyDelete