Friday, July 6, 2012

The grass is always greener...

no, really it is! The grass here is on steroids! It is so gorgeous and green. Mind you, I rather have normal looking grass if it meant it wouldn't rain as much. Literally, the guy on the radio this morning said "we are going to have a month's worth of rain in 24 hours". The grounds guy where I work mows the grass into perfect rows every other day. That's right, he mows the grass every other day. And you aren't allowed to walk on the grass. They have an area towards the back of campus where you can walk on the grass. It has a sign that says "croquet only". I'm working in a fairy land! And we have a butler. That's right, I said it. A butler. It's so crazy! Anway, this weekend Kelly and I are going to the Formula 1 Grand Prix race. And then on Sunday we are going to Christ Church to go watch an Alice in Wonderland race. It's celebrating 150 years of Alice in Wonderland. It started here in Oxford!! I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I give up, what are the Butler's duties? Does he open the door for you? Or maybe take your umbrella? Serve tea?

    And if the sign says croquet only, does that mean you can slip off your shoes and walk through the yummy grass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!!! You are not right. Tony takes care of everything. I haven't really grasped it all yet! I wish he opened the door for me and came when I rang. It doesn't quite work like that though. He isn't like Benson. :)

    ReplyDelete