I couldn't come up with a very clever blog name and I wasn't sure if my mom's suggestion of "rub a dub dub, Jane's in a pub" was appropriate. Thank you for checking in once in a while. I'm sure I will be making a fool of myself over here! Love to all.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Mind the torch!
I had an awesome morning today. I went to an Olympic torch event that Kelly helped organize. Met the Vice Chancellor of Oxford and then met a bunch of Gold Medal athletes. Two were from the 1948 Olympics that were held in London. Hung out with those twins from Facebook (really nice actually) and had my picture taken with Roger Banister. I also shook the hand of Seb Coe who is apparently the head of the whole London Olympics. Also, I was in charge of the replica torch so I had people waiting in line to take their picture with the torch. At first, I thought I was a famous athlete and was getting in the picture. Then the guy in charge came over and said "um, you can let them hold the torch" Oh,...right. My bad! So embarrasing! It was an amazing morning. Oh and on an embarrasing note, our alumna, Steph cook is a Gold medalist and we were saying goodbye and I literally almost kissed her because I don't have the two cheek kiss down quite yet. All is all it was a ridiculous morning!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is too funny. I can see you holding this replica and the person comes up to hold it and you won't let go. You stand there with this smile plastered on your face, and as the try to take the torch you hold on tight until it is a wrestling match. The smile still on your face. Poor people.
ReplyDeleteI know. I feel bad for the first couple of people who have me in their Olympic torch photo. There will be some serious cropping going on!
ReplyDelete