Monday, July 23, 2012

Lavender Fields Forever

It was a gorgeous weekend! Sunny on Saturday and Sunday. It's kind of nice when it's sunny here because everyone is out taking advantage of it. It's supposed to be gorgeous all week. They are trying to get their weather act in gear for the Olympics. On Saturday we had a bbq at Kelly's house and then we played cricket in the park near their house. There were only four of us and apparently you can't play great cricket with four people. I still have no idea how to play the game. Then yesterday we went to a lavendar farm. It was gorgeous. Yesterday morning I had soccer practice (or football training as they call it here) For some reason I thought I had more time than I did. I got to the bus stop and had to wait for about 20 minutes. Then I had no idea which stop would get me to practice so I had to take the bus all the way into the center and take a bus back out. (I had gone to practice from work the first day so that was the only way I knew how to do it) At this point I'm 30 minutes late for practice. So then the bus drops me off and it's still about a 1/2 mile walk to the field. So I take off running with my backpack, looking like a total goober. I get there and we have to do sprints. I feel like I've already done sprints so am not pleased with this. Then I figure I will just walk back to my bus stop but this really fast girl on the team says she will walk with me. So I say fine and we start walking back. Well then the joker says she was going to run and I'm like sure, I'll run with you. So we aren't talking an easy pace and I'm like it's cool you can go ahead but she won't leave me!!! So finally we hit the road where she had to go one way so I slowed to a walk and then got to my bus stop. Well, the sign says I have 30 minutes until the bus comes so I figure I will stretch out and walk to the next stop. Well the damn bus sign was wrong and the S3 bus goes flying by me. So I take off in another mad sprint. I can barely walk today!!!!

2 comments:

  1. At least you will feel okay to eat the dessert today. What will the commute to practice be like from your new flat? In the meantime, I hope youhave better directions for the next practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I figured it out now. Will be all set. It won't be as bad from my new apartment. Can either walk or take just one bus right to it. I had strawberries and cream for dessert today!!!

    ReplyDelete