I couldn't come up with a very clever blog name and I wasn't sure if my mom's suggestion of "rub a dub dub, Jane's in a pub" was appropriate. Thank you for checking in once in a while. I'm sure I will be making a fool of myself over here! Love to all.
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Growing Pains
I had my first night in my new apartment last night. As mentioned before, my washer/dryer is actually just a washer so my sheets were still not dry. I just slept in my comforter. HA! The mattress they gave me with the apartment is pretty crappy so I don't mind not putting my sheets on it. I'm having a mattress delivered tomorrow though so am excited about that. So I washed another load of laundry yesterday and now have socks, underwear and shirts hanging all over the apartment on door knobs and chairs. It's a classy sight. Then I put the refrigerator on a really low setting by accident and froze the hell out of my milk and cheese. So, we are back to square one on that. :) I did discover my local "sports bar" last night though. I don't have a tv yet and really wanted to see the USA vs Canada soccer game so decided to go across to the cool pub on the river. Well they don't really have sports bars here and only had one tv. The guy suggested I go to the Folly Bridge Inn where they have sports everywhere. He failed to warn me that it was an old school smelling of 50 years of smoking establishment. And by sports everywhere he meant two tvs and 3 old men playing dominos. In the bar were me, aforementioned three men playing dominoes, the owners and a big dog. I didn't care. The game was amazing. And the beer was only £1.70. Can't beat it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
TRYIng to post
ReplyDeleteOk, I did it. Dont know how I did it, but I did. About the washer, are you sure it doesnt have a drying component? If I remember from my NYC days, there were girls (the rich girls who lived in Manhatten) who had a washer/dryer and it was tiny and only one unit, but it somehow switched from washer to dryer within the same unit. What do other people do in this situation? Girl, if it were me, I would find a close laundromat. Thats what I did in NYC. Not fun, but better than waiting a day for your sheets to try. How does anything dry over there anyways? Isnt it so humid with all the rain! I miss you, but cant wait to see you in Boston shortly. I'm off to see Denise and Isla in a couple minutes. Going to the outlet mall thats inbetween her moms and my place. Wish you were here!
ReplyDeleteOh fun!! Soooooo glad you can post now!!! Love your test post. :) I do need to find a laundromat. I tried messing with it but it doesn't seem to have the dryer thing. I know!!! It's so wet over here. It is the strangest thing that they don't have dyers. Makes NO sense!!! Have fun with Denise and Isla!!! Tell them hello.
ReplyDelete