I couldn't come up with a very clever blog name and I wasn't sure if my mom's suggestion of "rub a dub dub, Jane's in a pub" was appropriate. Thank you for checking in once in a while. I'm sure I will be making a fool of myself over here! Love to all.
Monday, August 13, 2012
The Gut and the Bad
So I think Gut means good in German but I'm not sure. Those are my people now after this weekend. I got in touch with my fun German friends from the soccer final and we met them at the German House. At first we thought we were going to be hanging out with the German athletes and their families but it turns out they were at the posh club next door. We were in the random room with picnic tables and German beer. You could see people on top of the German house being interviewed. But we common folk still had a good time though. The Germans won the hockey gold so the place went crazy. There was a German congo line and there was a lot of German chanting. The Germans know how to party!! It was really cool being in London over the weekend b/c there would be random athlete spottings everywhere. We saw two women athletes from the States (no clue who they were but they were rocking the USA athlete backpack and had seriously good bodies) That's right... I said it! :) HA! Then we were on the train on the way to the German House and we met the Angolan women's basketball team. It was so cool! They said there has never been a woman's basketball team from Angola in the Olympics. Then on Sunday morning we saw parts of the men's marathon. The vibe with the Olympics was so cool b/c people cheer for all athletes and they don't care which country you are from. Was just so amazing to be around all of it. Oh, so that is all the good.... The bad is that I washed all of my clothes last night thinking I would walk up to my neighborhood laundromat to dry them. Well, the wash took a little longer than I thought and then I had to meet my soccer team for dinner so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to rewash the clothes tonight. I'm sure this is helping the musty smell in my apartment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the Olympics and I am so jealous that you got to be there for it!! So fun.
ReplyDeletethanks buddy!!!!
Delete