I couldn't come up with a very clever blog name and I wasn't sure if my mom's suggestion of "rub a dub dub, Jane's in a pub" was appropriate. Thank you for checking in once in a while. I'm sure I will be making a fool of myself over here! Love to all.
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Rain Rain Go Away!
So there is flooding all over the UK currently. I thought it just always rained over here but didn't realize the country could actually flood. The bridge that goes close to my flat was closed to through traffic. I will try to take pictures to show you because it is crazy. One of the colleges is Christ Church (where they filmed some of Harry Potter) and they have a large meadow that runs down to the river. Well, you can't tell where the river ends and the meadow starts. It's just patches of water. And the neighborhood pub has water right up to its edges! We are supposed to go to an event tonight in London and now have to take the bus in because the train has two hour delays. Kind of crazy! It's supposed to stop raining tomorrow though. I believe the weather is starting to sink in with me. It's a bit depressing and I think I have started to hibernate for the winter. Hopefully, it will stop raining soon and there will actually be some sun. I may have to plan a carribean trip next winter...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment