Monday, November 26, 2012

Tday

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and had lots of family qt. I'm attaching a picture from my Thanksgiving. I think you will appreciate the amount of food I have managed to accrue on my plate. My sweet potato casserole was a hit. No one over here could wrap their heads around marshmallows on a sweet potato dish. I showed a picture to my coworkers and they were like is that a "pudding" aka dessert or do you have that as a side? "It just doesn't seem right". Then at the dinner some of the British guests were like this marshmallow thing is good. They weren't really sure what to do with it! And, I had to use the marshmallows that Kristin had from the States. The only marshmallows they have here are pink and white. It's a funny little country I'm living in! It was nice though because one of the French people there had family who owned a vineyard so she brought French wine and champagne from it. Was amazing!! We went around the table and said what we were thankful for. At the end I said I was thankful for seconds and went back to the kitchen. No one followed me. I was like oh... just me? Well, the more for me!! It is not Thanksgiving without seconds!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture and this post. Seconds are definitely in order. You look good. I'm proud of your best foot forward when you are missing family. We missed you here for sure. See you soon, but get the water to recede first!

    ReplyDelete