I couldn't come up with a very clever blog name and I wasn't sure if my mom's suggestion of "rub a dub dub, Jane's in a pub" was appropriate. Thank you for checking in once in a while. I'm sure I will be making a fool of myself over here! Love to all.
Monday, November 19, 2012
Yam tastic
So my American friend here is hosting a Thanksgiving dinner at her house on Friday night. I'm going to cook a sweet potato casserole for it. There are a couple of holes in my plan though. One being that I have not seen many sweet potatos in the stores here. This weekend I went on a sweet potato hunt to see what I was dealing with and all I could find were little baby sweet potatos. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that. Also, I have no idea how to use my oven. I've only used it when British people are in it and have instructed me on how to turn it on. It has three pictures and none of them seem like "cook" to me. And none of them sound like "cook" when they are turned on. So to better handle this anxiety I emailed my boss earlier today and asked her if I could have a half day on Friday to cook a casserole. Now, in the States, I may not have been so honest. Seems kind of silly, but in the UK they have a better handle on the life/work balance. She wrote back "of course-happy feasting!". You have to love Europe!! I will keep you posted on how the casserole comes along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Three things come to mind. One I hope your oven works without a Brit in it. Two I would have emailed her to help you with the oven symbols. Three can't you change your dish to something else? So many options. Do they have a better squash repertoire there? But that said small vetoes are always very good.
ReplyDeleteI found some nice fat sweet potatoes in the covered market. I think I will be good to go!! I really want sweet potato casserole! :)
ReplyDelete